4 superb cocktails to add cheer to your Thanksgiving weekend
The turkey is warm, the cranberry sauce is ready, and the pumpkin pie looks delectable. It’s Thanksgiving and relatives from all over slowly trickling in for the reunion. All you need now are cocktails that can be enjoyed by the fire as well as on the table. These cocktails are brimming with flavor and will surely add a cheerful note to your celebration.
- Warm Cider with Rum Punch
You will surely warm up to this delightful punch!
6 cups apple cider
1 cup orange juice
1 cup cranberry juice
1 apple, cut into round slices
1 orange, cut into round slices
2 cinnamon sticks
1 thumb-sized fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup brown sugar
2 cups dark rum
- Combine the apple cider, juices, fruit slices, cinnamon sticks, ginger and sugar in a large pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture reaches boiling point, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Keep the mixture warm over low heat for an hour.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rum
- Transfer to a punch bowl and serve warm.
2. Cinnamon Mimosa
Here’s a yummy spin on your favorite Mimosa! We added a bit of cinnamon for that extra oh-la-la.
1 bottle champagne, chilled
2 cups orange juice
2 cinnamon sticks
- Heat the orange juice in a pan until it comes to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and cover the pan.
- Let the mixture steep for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a container and refrigerate overnight.
- Ready your champagne glasses.
- Fill half of a champagne glass with the mixture.
- Fill the entire glass with chilled champagne.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon.
- Thanksgiving Cider
This boozy pumpkin flavored drink will surely bring in the fun to your celebration.
1 part pumpkin-flavored vodka
3 parts apple cider
Splash of club soda
- Fill a glass with ice
- Add the pumpkin-flavored vodka and apple cider
- Add a splash of club soda
- Garnish with a lemon slice
- Apple and Cranberry Sangria
Two of your favorite Thanksgiving ingredients in one refreshing drink.
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh and whole
2 apples, diced and mixed with lemon juice
1 cup apple cider
1/4 cup cranberry juice
1 bottle white wine
1 cup soda water
- In a pitcher, add all the fresh fruits
- Pour the wine
- Add the cranberry juice, apple cider and soda water
- Stir the mixture
- Cover the pitcher and chill it for an hour
- Garnish with diced apples
Whatever cocktail you choose; one thing is for sure: any of these will surely help you enjoy and breeze through Thanksgiving! So, let us raise a glass to these drinks and to you!